Spring Trip to Paris, France
May 12-16, 2007
Optional extension May 12-19 - Visit London by Chunnel!
Flights • Transfers • Hotel • Breakfast Daily INCLUDED
TRIP FULL / CLOSED
Group check-in at Logan airport:
2:30 PM Saturday 12th. Terminal E - Air France
- Package Details:
- Round trip international air Boston, USA to Paris, France
- Saturday departure on direct flight Boston <-> Paris
- Motor coach transfers to/from airport/hotel in Paris
- Optional extension return Saturday May 19, +$395
- Hotel lodging in The Hotel Astoria Opera
- Centrally located, close to the Opera Garnier, the Champs Elysees (1 2), the Louvre museum, Arc de Triomphe and the main department stores Galerie Lafayette.
- Close to the Rome Metro Station and within walking distance of decent restaurants.
- We stayed here on our Thanksgiving trip 2005 and liked the location.
- Hotel Rooms: bath/shower, WC, hairdryer, Direct Dial Phone, Internet Access & TV
- Daily breakfast at the hotel included.
- Recommended bus tour of Paris on Sunday - Get orientated.
- Optional Paris walking tour of Paris - Sites, Markets, lunch and more.
- Optional Sunday dinner at a Savoyarde Restaurant in the Latin Quarter.
- Price based on double occupancy.
- Airline taxes & air surcharges additional.
- $300 deposit required to reserve your spot.
- What to expect:
- This should be a great, exciting group trip. Paris is fantastic in spring, especially Versailles. We will visit some of the major sights in Paris (Louvre Museum, Bus Tour), maybe go to a show (Moulin Rouge) or two and do some shopping (Galleries Lafayette). For those on the trip extension there will also be an option to visit London England! All activities are optional. We are in a great location, so just seeing the local sites alone would make this a great trip.
- Potential (optional) agenda:
- Arrive in Paris; Check-in to hotel
- Bus tour of Paris - We recommend the two day pass
- The Champs Elysées – Arc de Triomphe – Eiffel Tour - Hôtel des Invalides
- The louvre - The Seine – Musée d'Orsay - Cathedral Notre Dame.
- Evening dinner at Savoyarde Restaurant in the Latin Quarter ($25).
- Morning: Sainte Chapelle (The most beautiful stained glass interior in the world)
- Afternoon: Marais neighborhood with small chic shops lining the streets with café’s and restaurants.
- Evening: Cruise Seine River or take illuminated bus tour of Paris
- Morning: Tour of Versailles Chateau, Musee d’Orsay (Van Gogh, Manet, Renoir, Monet)
- Afternoon: Tour Louvre Museum
- Evening: Enjoy Trocadero scene and a twilight ride up the Eiffel tower
- Night Moulin Rouge show $98 approx.
- (Early for those returning) Sightseeing and shopping
- Flight back home at 3:55 pm - Arrive Monday in Boston (same day) at 5:50 pm
- Trip Extension:
- Tour of the famous gardens around Giverny - The Heart of Impressionism
- Claude Monet's House And Gardens
- Musee D'art Americain Colors Garden
- The Chateau De Miserey Garden
- Morning: Sacre-Coeur (Make the climb to the dome, the view is spectacular)
- Afternoon: Visit Montmartre (breath taking view of Paris See the local artists, grab some dinner, buy a painting)
- Evening: Dinner 8PM set menu ($40)
- Take the famous Chunnel to London, England for the day!
- Bus tour of London & a cruise on the Thames
- Early sightseeing or shopping
- Flight back home at 3:55 pm - Arrive Saturday in Boston (same day) at 5:50 pm
The World Tour