One of the biggest verticals in the Alps.
FEBRUARY VACATION WEEK 2011 (19-27)
INCLUDES: Flights from Boston • Transfers • Hotel • Breakfasts • Dinners • Entertainment
Estimated Airline Taxes & Surcharges Also Included
Every time you load/refresh this page one of seven videos will play.
Engelberg on My Switzerland
Engelberg on Wikipedia
Engelberg on Ski & Snowboard Europe
Engelberg on Ultimate-ski.com
Frommer's article on Engelberg, Switzerland
You Tube video of some powder!
Engelberg on YouTube Search for more yorself.
Engelberg verses other resorts plus lots of other information.
- Package Details:
- Round trip flights from Boston (Albany, New York, Bozeman, Chicago & other options) to Zurich, Switzerland.
- Depart: Saturday February 19th.
- Return: Depart Zurich on Sunday Feb. 27th.
- Arrive into Boston Sunday (same day)
- Land only package available. Arrange and purchase your own flights.
- Transfers to/from airport (Switzerland) / hotel
- 7 nights at the Hotel Terrace
- Daily breakfast
- 5-course themed dinners with dinner show
- Entertainment in the disco/lounge "CAVE"
- Walk to the gondola or take a short free bus ride
- Hotel All Inclusive upgrade available:
- 6 day Ski/Lift pass
- Mountain/Ski guide
- Voucher for lunch on mountain (Titlis Rotair Restaurants)
- Afternoon snack in the hotel
- Drinks in the hotel from 10a.m. to 10 p.m.
coffees, chocolate, tea, soft drinks, beer & table wine
- Sauna/steam bath
- Rome, Italy three night pre-trip extension special: $395
- Super price, includes additional flights, hotel transfers and B & B in the Hotel Piazza Venezia Roma!
- Great location near the Trevi Fountain & Colosseum
- Fantastic sightseeing opportunities, see the highlights!
Many sights including the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, St Peter's Basilica, The Pantheon , Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Palatine Hill, Galleria Borghese, Castel Sant'Angelo, Trastevere, Appian Way and Acqueduct Park.
- Sightseeing excursions and tobogganing available
- Long sleeve trip t-shirt, luggage tags & more!
- Price based on double occupancy standard rooms
- *Estimated airline taxes & fuel surcharges of $390 included. ($390 in 2010).
- Trip insurance available and strongly recommended
- $495 trip deposit and $50 2011 club membership required to reserve your spot
- Lift Passes:
- Lift passes in Europe are much cheaper than in the USA and average around $50 per day for a multi-day pass. There are many different lift passes available therefore we are not including them as part of our package at this time. Note the Swiss Franc is about the same value as the US$. Click here for lift pass prices
- We selected Engelberg (mapquet zoom in/out) because it is a high-altitude, snow-sure resort in central Switzerland, popular with both snowboarders and skiers. Little known and under-rated, this quiet resort has huge skiing among striking mountains and one of the world’s biggest vertical drops. From the top of the lift system to town has a vertical of over 2000 metres. In recent years, Engelberg has become something of an off-piste mecca! One of it's many highlights includes the Laub (Fallen Leaves) - one of the longest, continuous, steep off-piste descents in the Alps. There's also the Galtiberg - another awesome off-pister. This one drops through nearly 2,000m.
- We ran this trip early January 2007 as our college trip. This is an awesome resort with something for everyone, beginner, intermediate, advanced, insane off piste! Great hotel & mountain. It has soooooo much to offer!
- Engelberg, above the beautiful lakeside city of Lucerne, is a great "Après Ski" town with numerous bars, restaurants and night clubs. It is at the end of an open sunny valley and dominated by the impressive 3,200m Mount Titlis. It is a large and friendly traditional village. The world's first revolving cable car provides a unique way to view the varied terrain as you travel to the guaranteed snow on the glacier 2kms above the village.
Some of the world’s longest, continuous, steep, off-piste descents
- About Titlis (1050 m - 3020 m.):
- Superb runs and spectacular views. Fantastic snow-sports region with lots
- of varied runs for every level of skier / rider. The longest run (from Titlis to Engelberg) has a vertical difference of over 2000 meters (6,561') and is 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) long.
- There are some excellent nightclubs, bars and pubs, many with live music; the infamous Yucatan Music Bar, the Eden Bar, the Spindle, the Terrasse and Night Express in our hotel!
- Lots of extra activities:
- Engelberg is Switzerland’s largest ski resort close to Zurich and Lucerne. A unique narrow-gauge railway makes a one hour trip to historical Lucerne every hour. The famous toboggan/sledding run with a length of 3.5 km starts at the station Gerschnialp and ends at the valley cable car station in Engelberg. There are horse drawn carriage rides and indoor swimming pool with sauna, solarium and steam baths. Engelberg has an excellent sports center with tennis, badminton, curling, ice skating and gym. Visit the casino, go paragliding, try snowshoeing or cross country skiing.
- The igloo hotel in Engelberg is built afresh each winter. They offer the unique experience of a romantic night spent in an igloo on the Titlis mountain. They can also arrange activities for you on the night of your stay, such as night air boarding! If you don't fancy an overnight stay, you can always pop in for a drink in their ice bar.
Historic Lucerne 1hr by train. Guided tours of Benedictine monastery. Historic museum. Cheese making demonstrations. Travel to top of Mt Titlis on revolving cable car. Visit Ice grotto in the glacier.
The World Tour